There might be so many times when we would want to delete browsing history from the browser completely. There are quite a few methods of doing so. In case you don't want any of your visited pages on internet browser to be recorded, then you can erase them all or some of it from your browsing history.
Delete Browsing History
When you remove your activity, it does not affect any other thing from your settings and you can go on deleting the activity as per your choice. We help you in keeping the activity private, at your instant. Here, various methods are briefed upon various steps to clean our activity on different browsers like Mozilla, Opera, Chrome, Safari, and Microsoft Edge.
Erase Mozilla Firefox Browsing Data
There are several ways and steps to clear our tracks in Mozilla.
To View your browsing activity:
- You can custom your homepage to have the icon on the browser page itself, where you can click on the button and view it. Or else you can also view it by pressing Ctrl+H.
- Another way to view it is by viewing it through the sidebar. It is opened by pressing Alt in the Menu bar, then choose the activity by clicking the ‘sidebar' from the ‘View' Option. This is the most common way of viewing the browser data.
- If you are not about to access the above mentioned, then you can go for the hamburger menu in Mozilla which is located on the top right corner of the browser. After clicking the hamburger menu, press the icon that is available where it takes you to view your activity. Sometimes, through this, you can also access the ‘View Sidebar.'
- You can open your browser data by, clicking ‘view' in the menu bar and then choosing ‘History' -> ‘Show all' By viewing it, you can highlight or choose the individual page that you desired to erase.
Clear your browser activity:
- Click on the ‘hamburger menu’ to select 'History' and choose ‘Clear Recent'
- The option will open and give a drop-down menu, where you can choose of from how long you want to remove it. After that click ‘Clear Now’ to clear your browsing data. Ctrl+Shift+Del can access the shortcut.
As opera is a straight interface for the user, it does not involve any significant ways or steps.
View your browser activity in Opera by:
- Click the ‘Opera Menu’ button in the top left corner of the browser, then choose ‘History’ to view the visited pages. Or else you can also use the shortcut by pressing Ctrl+H.
Clear browser history in Opera:
- After opening the tab by clicking on the ‘Opera menu,' as described above.
- Click on ‘Clear Browsing data.'
- You will get the drop-down menu, where you can choose on from how far back then you want to erase your visited sites.
- To remove everything that is available, then click ‘the beginning of time.'
- Then, at last, click ‘Clear Browsing data' to clear the specific data you wanted from the choices above.
Chrome My Activity
There are several ways and steps to view or erase browser activity in Chrome.
View your browsers visited pages by:
- Use the shortcut key Ctrl+H, or else you can navigate to the URL through – chrome://history.
- Alternatively, you can view it by clicking the ‘Menu’ button, which is in the top right corner of the browser and click ‘History,' then you will be able to view some of the recent data, and you can access more by choosing ‘History' again.
Clear browsed pages in Chrome:
- Click the ‘Menu’ button, in order to choose ‘More tools’ and then you can simply delete browser visited websites by clicking on ‘Clear browsing data.'
- Select on to what data you want to be deleted along with the specifications.
- After you are done choosing the specifications as desired, then click ‘Clear browsing data.'
As Safari is a default browser that is available for all the IOS and OSX.
View your browser activity by:
- Click on to the ‘History' on the menu bar, located on top of the browser. The menu lists will show up the recent pages that you have visited, and you can navigate by clicking on them.
- In order to view in detail, click ‘Show all History.'
Clear browse pages by:
- Click on ‘Show All,' then the tab opens, and you can see the list of pages you have visited.
- You can individually remove them by right-clicking and choosing ‘Delete' or else by pressing on ‘Supr key.'
- If you want to clear everything that is there, then click ‘Clear History.'
- In the drop-down menu, choose on the duration that you want to remove.
- Then after choosing the period, click ‘Clear History.'
View or Delete Browsing History in Microsoft Edge
Microsoft Edge is a default browser that is being in the new Windows 10, while it replaced the older one called ‘Internet Explorer.' Let's see how to view or delete browsing history in microsoft edge.
View your browse activity in Edge by:
- Click the ‘Hub' button, which is located on the top right corner of the browser.
- Click on to the ‘History' icon which will lead to open the menu, to view your navigations that were made in recent times.
To clear your browser visited pages in Edge by:
- Click ‘Clear all history,' after opening the menu as aforementioned.
- Check the specification that is given to choose for deleting the browsed sites.
- Click on to ‘show more,' to see more of the options.
- Click ‘Clear’ to Complete the process.
- If you want your private space in navigating through an internet browser, then you can activate the ‘Incognito mode' and navigate as a ghost.
- If you find it to be difficult in deleting the history individually, you can opt for clearing all at once.
Above mentioned are the several ways to view or clear browser activity in your browser, and sometimes we don’t require unnecessary pages to be saved which later makes it difficult to trace back anything important.
- Open the browser Microsoft Edge.
- Go to Menu and click on the Hub icon. The three horizontal bars ...
- In the Menu Tab History, select Clear All history.
- Then, select all data you want to delete and press Clear.
- It's done.
Microsoft Edge is one of the main novelties that have come along with Windows 10. A browser completely remodeled compared to what we had with Internet Explorer and that has been rid of many of the compatibilities to get a browser that is reaping good reviews.
We know that we have the first of the versions in front of us and that there are still areas for improvement, which we hope Microsoft will be incorporating to Windows 10, but even so, the beginning of Microsoft Edge seems promising.
One of the aspects that stand out in this browser is its minimalism, an aspect that Chrome users surely appreciate.
This minimalism, together with a changed interface, may cause us not to finish finding some of the functions we performed in Internet Explorer. For example, would you know how to access your browsing history and erase it?
Hub on Microsoft Edge
Microsoft Edge agglutinates access to bookmarks, downloads, read file and history in a single button that have been called Hub. It is the button that has three horizontal lines, and that is on the right. If we press it, we will see how a tab with several sections is displayed from the right:
- Favorites From there you can see all your favorites and even import them from other browsers.
- Reading list. A place to save links that you consult later. It looks like favorites, but more with the idea of storing information or links to consult later.
- Downloads. Section where you can see recent downloads.
- Record. In this section you can see all your history. It is ordered by time with different sections from yesterday, last week, etc. This makes it easier for us to locate an entry, since today it is not possible to perform a history search directly.
To erase all the history just click on the button that indicates that action: delete all history.
Clear Browsing Data History on Exit
If we want to clear it upon exit we have to select that option in the menu of the browser we are using.
Remove Microsoft Edge
- Open internet Options (type internet options in the search field after click on the Windows key).
- Go to General tab.
- Go to the activity and check the option Delete on exit.
- Click Apply.
- Click OK.
Clean Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Click on Tools. Right corner of your screen.
- Then select Internet Options in the drop down menu.
- Go to General tab.
- Go to Activity Section.
- Check option Delete on exit.
- Click Apply.
- Click OK.
Clear Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox.
- Click on the Menu. Top Right of your screen.
- Click Options.
- Go to the privacy tab.
- Go to History Section.
- Search for "Firefox Will" and select Never Remember.
- Click Ok.
- Click Ok again.
In Safari is not available this option. You have to erase it.
In Opera it is not available this option. You have to clear your activity each time.
To keep our online privacy safe is very recommended to do this each day. If you don't want to keep your session data you can open a private mode in your browsers or you can use a private browser like Tor.
If you want to delete your browsing history in Windows 10 you have to do the following:
- Check which browser you are using (probably Edge or Chrome).
- Follow the instructions above in this page for your browser.
We have learnt how to delete browsing history completely.
If you have any doubt please leave a comment or send a mail through contact info. If you like the tutorials please share this website in your favorite social networks. Thanks in advance.